This single socket
is an optional,
additional socket for the efergy remote standby eliminator kit.Please note:
This socket can only be set up and used with the matching remote control, which is sold separately (see Remote Standby Eliminator: 4 Socket Kit
The Remote Controlled Socket system allows you to turn your appliances (such as computers, TVs, microwaves or lamps) on and off remotely. It saves you time, effort, electricity and money.
The remote controlled socket is plugged into any normal electrical outlet and can be switched on and off with the remote. It is therefore great for hard to reach wall sockets
under desks or behind TVs or microwaves. Simply plug the appliance you want to operate remotely into the receiver socket and then press the corresponding power button on the remote.
You can attach a socket to a power board to turn off several appliances at once
. Simply unplug your power board from the wall, plug the remote controlled socket into the wall outlet, then plug the power board into the socket. You can now switch off the power to all connected appliances completely using the socket remote.
The remote uses radio frequency technology (not Infrared), and therefore does not require 'line of sight' to operate. i.e. the socket could be hidden behind a shelf and the remote on/off switch will still work flawlessly.Features:
- Turn your appliances off remotely - save energy the easy way
- Turn off several appliances at once (e.g. TV, DVD, digital set-top box) by attaching a power board to the socket
- Control individual sockets with one remote
- Easy to set up and use
- Great for hard to reach sockets
- New generation features slim design
Please have a look at the "Product Details" section for technical specifications, installation instructions
and trouble shooting.
The socket can only be set up and used with the matching remote control by efergy that is included in the Remote Standby Eliminator: 4 Socket Kit
Technical Specifications of the Socket:
- Voltage rating: 240VAC / 50Hz
- Power Rating: 2400 Watt max.
- Current: 10 Amps
- Code setting: learning
- Learning code: >1 million
- Power switch: LED
Easy to Install:
- Open the battery compartment of the remote and insert the battery
- Plug the socket receiver into the mains power outlet - the LED light will light
- Select and press one of the ON switches on the remote control
- The socket receiver will learn the code, the LED light will flash continuously then stop - the socket is now paired to this ON switch on the remote
- You can now control the power of the socket outlet and thus any appliance connected to it
- Repeat this process for the other sockets selecting a different ON button on the remote for each different socket
- NOTE - when there is a power blackout or the socket is removed from the mains, you will need to repeat the set up process to the sockets and the remote.
Using the Remote:
How to Decode
- Plug the appliance you want to operate remotely into the socket
- Press the corresponding ON button that is paired to this socket for 2 seconds. The appliance will turn on.
- Use the corresponding OFF button to turn the appliance off remotely
Press the ON/OFF button on the socket and hold for 3 seconds. The LED light will flash quickly then stop. Decoding is successful.
Alternatively, press and hold the OFF button on the remote control for 3 seconds. The LED light will flash quickly then stop. Decoding is successful.
If the socket does not respond to the remote control please check the following:
- The battery may be low, check the battery and replace if necessary
- The distance between the remote and the socket may be too great. Move the remote closer to the socket
- Ensure you are pressing the ON button on the remote for 1-2 seconds
- Ensure that you have not decoded the socket by mistake (see above)
- You might have to set up the socket from scratch if there has been a power blackout or after you removed the socket from the mains outlet