The EcoSwitch® is now your "Easy Reach Power Switch."
The multi-award winning EcoSwitch® makes switching off your appliances easy. Turn off standby power and pocket the savings.
Using an EcoSwitch® you are effectively moving the location of your power point away from the wall to a more convenient location – without having to crawl under furniture or fumble around amongst cords alive with electricity.
Think of your EcoSwitch® as being like an extension cord with a remote control, except better, because nothing will remain on standby.
EcoSwitch complements your existing powerboard(s) - you can 'retro fit' an EcoSwitch to your existing powerboard and start saving!
How it works:
- Insert the EcoSwitch® plug into the power outlet on the wall
- Insert your appliance or power-board into the EcoSwitch® socket
- Put the switch somewhere easy to see and easy to reach.
In the Home:
- The EcoSwitch® also has a green light on the switch to act as a reminder for you to switch off. When the green light is off, your connected appliances are 100% off.
- You can identify which devices you are controlling by writing on the small panel below the switch.
- Placing it in the best position for anyone to access and see, you eliminate the need to bend or strain.
At the Office:
- Use an EcoSwitch® anywhere that you can make an appliance easier or safer to switch off. For example, battery rechargers, bedside fans, air-conditioners, pumps, fish tanks, machinery, kitchen gadgets, Christmas tree lights, bedside lights, items without their own switch and dangerous equipment
- Create a new hub and switch off your appliances and devices from a central location
- Connect an EcoSwitch® to any mains-powered device that has a light remaining on or heat coming from it after you’ve turned it off
- One of the largest areas of energy consumption by businesses large or small is computers and photocopiers that are left on overnight. Using the EcoSwitch® to turn off multiple computers and peripheral devices will save heaps of energy. And money.
- The green light on the EcoSwitch® acts as a reminder for you, or your employees, to turn stuff off. When the green light is off, your power is 100% off. Much safer than leaving all your equipment and extension cords powered up.
- And with a full 10A capacity, your EcoSwitch® can handle the big jobs.
- Easy access – safe switching!
Warranty: 12 month manufacturer’s warranty
Length: (2.5m) from plug to switch.
Certification: Passed strict Australian/NZ Standards and thus Electrical Safety Certification successfully. Approval number SGS079.
Rating: 240V 10A is the same as 2400W.
How long are the cords?
The EcoSwitch® is a generous 2500mm (2.5m) from plug to switch. It’s like a 2.5m extension cord, with a remote switch, but much safer than an ordinary extension cord because you can ensure the cord is de-energised locally before connecting your equipment. Think safety! (Plug-junction=1.0m, junction-socket=0.3m, junction-switch=1.5m).
How do I mount one to the side of eg. my home theatre system?
Easily. Inside the EcoSwitch® packaging you’ll find a double-sided self-adhesive tab to mount the switch part securely. For other installations there is an eye on the switch that you can put a screw through, or hang it from a hook. Additionally, each EcoSwitch® comes with 2 cord organisers to keep everything nice and tidy.
What about my clocks? Won’t using an EcoSwitch® make me have to reset all my digital clocks?
Firstly ask yourself: “how many clocks do I really need?” Did you know many microwave ovens use more energy with their digital clock running all day every day than the few minutes each day actually microwaving?
Should you insist on leaving a heap of digital clocks running, the answer to your losing time settings question is… maybe. Many modern appliances have small capacitors inside them that, for example should the power go off unexpectedly, they will retain their settings (eg. overnight) with no problem. Similarly, these same appliances can of course be turned off and/or on with an EcoSwitch® with no loss of settings. Of course the best way to be sure is to simply trial this appliance with an EcoSwitch®. The money you’ll save will make the small initial effort worthwhile.
Where you might use a TV recorder to record a program at some future point in time eg. via Foxtel (which doesn’t lose its settings) you could switch this appliance on with it’s own EcoSwitch® (using a vacant power outlet) only when you expect to be recording, rather than remaining on, 24/7.
As for other TV recorders that do lose their settings when without power, just plug this device into a non-EcoSwitched power outlet.
Before shutting down my office with an EcoSwitch®, should I shut down my computer through Windows® first?
Yes. We recommend shutting all computers down via their operating system first.
How many devices can I connect to one EcoSwitch®?
Rated at 240V with a full 10A capacity, which is the maximum that your standard wall outlet (powerpoint) is rated at, your EcoSwitch® can safely handle the big jobs. Always exercise due care and don’t overload! 240V 10A is the same as 2400W.
Does the EcoSwitch® have built-in overload or surge protection?
No, and deliberately not. We reckon that if you wanted these extras, that you’d already have them in your existing powerboard/s. We see no good reason to ask you to pay more money for something you probably already have!
Is the EcoSwitch® safe?
Absolutely. The EcoSwitch® has undergone rigorous independent laboratory testing ensuring it passed strict Australian/NZ Standards and thus Electrical Safety Certification successfully. Approval number SGS079.
What other uses are there for an EcoSwitch®?
- One lady complained that her husband would stay up late in bed reading but always fall asleep leaving his lamp on. Every night she would have to get out of bed in the cold, go around to his side, turn the lamp off and get back into bed. With an EcoSwitch® she now has complete authority!
- Beryl cleverly uses hers to hide the power to her TV from her grandchildren when they visit
- Dominic uses an EcoSwitch® to turn on his dust extractor at the same time as his table saw
- Teenager Josh uses his to make his room absolutely dark. Apparently even standby lights are too bright for him after a night of clubbing.